1. What does my child need to wear?
- Street/Commercial Dance; joggers / t-shirt / trainers / long hair tied back / jewellery removed
- Contemporary; leggings or footless tights / tight fitted t-shirt or leotard / the class is taken in bare feet / long hair tied back / jewellery removed
- IDTA Ballet; please discuss uniform with your UD Teacher
- Musical Theatre; clothes suitable for moving about in
2. What does my child need to bring?
- Water / all of our venues have access to drinking water for re-filling
- Jumper / we get hot and sweaty in class and its important for your child to keep warm when they leave to prevent injury
- We have a strict no eating policy during lessons (unless for medical reasons)
3. Can I stay and watch classes?
Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay and watch the complimentary taster session however after this ask parents to drop off their children at the start of class and return at the end to take them home. At the end of each term we always welcome family and friends in to watch the final class. Your child will also get the opportunity of performing regularly with us throughout the year.
4. Do you have Teaching Assistants?
Our class ratios are controlled in line with the guidelines given by the UK Education Board so where necessary another adult will be put in place for support. We also offer work experience to our more senior dancers throughout the year who come in to learn a variety of skills alongside our members of staff who teach younger students.
5. Does my child have to take part in performances, workshops & exams?
No. Anything extra to your child’s weekly class is completely optional. If they do not wish to take part in a particular performance they are still welcome to class as normal.
6. What is a 'Costume Contribution'?
All students that take part in our Annual Shows are asked to contribute a very small fee towards their costume. This enables us to continue to buy new costumes throughout the year and allow our costume department to grow.
7. Do you offer Financial Support?
We offer some incredible discount schemes that are valid all year around, however please contact Jess or Lindsay to discuss further options that may be available to you.
8. My child wants to order some UD merchandise?
We place a UD clothing at least once a term. Please keep an eye on our website, mailing lists and social media pages for regular updates.